Structural changes include a drop in heel-to-toe differential from 11mm to 10mm, which won't make any real difference to your running cycle, but allows the shoe to be lighter and encourage a mildly more natural running strike.
Dynamic Duomax replaces the previous technology as a dual-density midsole material which offers a greater level of compression set, offering improved support, with less weight underfoot. The SoLyte Midsole Material is also expanded to cover the entire base of the foot from heel to forefoot offering a massive improvement in comfort and cushioning, which you'll feel through the cycle in every soft step.
The volume of ASICS 'GEL' is also increased and spread flatter in the heel, for improved stability and allows the the heel-strike to disperse shock-energy over a larger surface area, enhancing efficiency.
Hot Melt Overlays also offer extremely lightweight support to the upper for reduced irritation and the all new Guidance Trusstic System replaces Space Trusstic technology to incorporate Guidance Line better and greatly improve flexibility in the midfoot, making it less rigid and helping smooth your stride.
All these changes and fantastic improvements in cushioning and stability, and still! The shoe comes weighing less than the GT-2170, a superb acheivement.
- I.G.S - ASICS Design Philosophy employs linked componentry that enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Rearfoot & Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Full Length Guidance Line - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Double Density Solyte Midsole - The full length double Solyte midsole features a lower density top layer for improved cushioning and comfort.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
- Guidance Trusstic - This Trusstic System integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- ComforDry Sockliner - Provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
- Hot Melt Overlays - For an improved fit with reduced irritation.
- Discrete eyelets - This is where the laces are fed through, which helps to reduce irritation and improve fit.
- Personal Heel Fit - A special foam heel construction that guarantees a perfect fit around the wearer's heel.
- 3M Reflective- 3M Reflective - Improved footwear visibility when running in low level light.
- California Slip Last - For stability and comfort the upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole for improved strength, rigidity and durability.
- Solyte 55 Last - Enhancing the cushioning and support by utilizing Solyte in the construction of the shoe between the midsole and the upper. Adjusted in density specific to the level of support required from the running shoe.
- AHAR+ - This is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. It is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear.
- Weight - 240 grams.